January 18th, 2010 I went to my weekly doctor's appointment and my doctor said I was doing extremely well so she could strip my membranes and I could go into labor then or in a few days. Andy and I thought it would be best so that Dr. Lister would deliver our baby since we had been going to her all this time. My water didn't break...right away. We drove home, I ate a bowl of cereal and decided to check my Facebook and the next thing I know my water broke!
Andy was downstairs and I was yelling for him and he didn't respond. Finally 5 minutes later he comes up stairs to find me with my water broke. We pack whatever else was left to pack and away to the hospital we went. We got to McKay Dee at 11:30ish and they got me set up in a room. I got hooked up and my parents, Andy's mom and sister and my aunt Edith came and hung out with Andy and I until it was time to push. 3 hours of pushing and still no baby was coming so my doctor decided to take it to the next step...a vacuum. Risky, but better than a C-section. My doctor and I really didn't want to do a C-section since I was so close and worked too hard. With the vacuum you only get 3 chances and thankfully he came out right after the second chance.
He came out 20 inches, 6 lbs 8 oz and we named him Oliver Andrew. Oliver coming from my middle name Olive (after my grandma) and Andrew being his father's name which is kind of a tradition in their family.
Sadly, Oliver had a rough start. First the vacuum used to get him out made a BIG circle sore on his head. Then he had Jaundice partially due to using the vacuum on him. He also might have a tethered spinal cord which he gets checked next month. We are hoping he doesn't because we don't want our little guy to go through major surgery.
We are so happy he is here though. We love him to death and he is so handsome!
Stay In The Know With Google SMS
10 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment