Trying something different

Tonight while I was volunteering at the hospital I studied for 2 hour straight which was horrible! I never want to look at arteries or veins ever again. Anyways...after studying I started reading magazines since tonight was the SLOWEST night in the ICU. I ran across a website for moms made by moms. I joined the site tonight and it is pretty cool. Articles are written by members of the site (with approval from the editor) about pretty much anything. There are also different age based articles so you don't have to sit and look at everything if it doesn't pertain to you. I sat and read a couple of articles. It is nice to know that some ladies my age are feeling the same way about life. There are just certain things I can't really talk to anyone about because they just weren't in that situation or had that experience which is why I'm so drawn to this website. I'm hoping to write my own article pretty soon- see what kind of response I get.

Other things...we finally bought Ollie a Halloween costume. Super exciting! He is going to be a monster since we always call him "Ollie monster." However, Andy and I have not chosen a costume yet....

We tried selling some of Ollie's old stuff that we don't want to hold on to and we thought Kid to Kid would be a good idea, but apparently not. We tried selling a bathtub, Bumbo chair with the tray and some clothes. They were willing to give us $11 for the bathtub and Bumbo chair with the tray which all together retails for almost $100. So I said no. We left the clothes to see what they'd give us because I had already let Lauren and Lindsay go through them and get what they wanted. I got a call and they took a "couple" of things and we have $8.50 waiting for us along with the clothes they didn't want to buy. I have moved everything to KSL, no bites yet though. I'll try amazon next if nothing sells.






2 comments:

Jenny said...

I may have a minor obsession with reading mom blogs and things of that nature lately. Sometimes it stresses me out more than what I was before I started reading, other times it's releaving, informative or kind of a waste of time lol.
Yay for costumes. :) Does that mean you guys are coming to Lindsays party Friday? I hope so, I wanna see him in his monster costume.
That sucks kid to kid was such a joke. Hopefully KSL works out, it might not work so well for clothes but the other stuff will probably sell pretty good. And you could at least sell a whole bag of clothes as one item for more that what you'd get from kid to kid.

Jamie said...

Yeah I sold his Bumbo chair, but so far that's it! :( We'll see you tomorrow!