A new job and the journey ahead...

I've been doing a lot of research on new jobs. I really want to get into healthcare and not wait on tables anymore. I've been thinking about doing Phlebotomy. If I take the class from IHC they will pay me minimum wage to train and then once I'm done they will pay me $10.65 and give me benefits. I do have to complete so many hours otherwise I have to reimburse them, but they also guarantee you a job so it isn't really a problem. Plus I won't have to work full time which means I could still go to school and I would actually be making enough money to go! I just hope I can get the requirements done before the application is gone to get in. It also fulfills the "patient exposure" requirement for medical school which is a huge bonus!

I also want to have an excuse to get out of volunteering. It has been easy and nice to have time to study, but people can be so rude. Like just now the ICU is closed and no one is allowed back there. This lady comes up and tells me they are the mother of so-and-so and I explained to her the ICU was closed and NO ONE is allowed back there. She then says " well there isn't an exception for mothers?" and I again had to explain NO ONE is allowed back there. She then walks over to sit down and says how ridiculous it is she can't go in. Come on people, if we make an exception for you then we have to make one for all so I wouldn't count on it happening. Grrr!

My body is falling apart. I feel like I got hit by a car. I twisted my knee last week during a soccer game which has only seemed to get more uncomfortable and then last night at my game I believe I broke my big toe. It is super swollen, bruised and kills to bend it (or what little I can). Then my arm hurts and I'm not sure why. If I slept wrong or got hit into the wall at my game too hard or what. Dunno? I have to work 2 more days too. This should be fun....

Well I have a lot of thoughts on my plate right now about what I should do with the rest of my years which is causing me stress. I'm going to take up running since that is the only way I can clear my head. Plus it is good for me too, course I have to wait for my toe to get better. That might be a little hard... Ha ha

0 comments: